The beginning of the post


I became the age to be delivered the letters and luggage easily abroad through international mail, not only in Japan right now. It is expected to lead to international mail There are many ways, whether it is not going to evolve further in the future. Come from the place when such mail began. I'd like to give a little.
It is said that I was the first in the world adopt the first postal system is that it is the United Kingdom. Style that will deliver into and post stamp says chronological system and post posting that initially system flat rate nationwide is introduced in around 1840, which is the form of the current I was appeared. I heard it was using the postal system in Japan is called express messenger system these days, I now do the same kind of take the form by introducing the system of the United Kingdom. This had been the introduction of the intake will be slightly delayed from 1871 and the UK, I was born to become the new postal system. I think now is delivered in one day, if between Tokyo and Osaka, the time the new postal system was introduced had been delivered is likely to take about three and a half days. I think that has been very fast delivery considering the traffic conditions of the past still will be the tell. "Post office" backdrop is installed in major Japanese cities, Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka, now Mr. dense Maejima post office Nihonbashi is located in Tokyo introduced the postal system and the monument as "the birthplace of post" I say bronze statue of is being put. The first is the postal system was done only in major cities in this way, in 1872 will be as to expand the postal network in the country, it makes use of the mail from any region of Japan underlie now I came to like things can be. The original is also privatized state-owned post office was, I want to see how it going to expand in the future.